Monday, February 26, 2007

Another Chalking

Ok, one more chalk set, and then I promise to give it a rest for awhile. The reason I have so many of these is I use them in my lessons at school. Many of these paintings are temporary (done on flimsy black butcher paper with cheap chalks) and used in teaching the lesson, up in the room for awhile, then off to the recycling bin. It's nice to have a place to keep them alive and share them with others.


Here is the heart. It was actually done in layers over several days. Each day, I would build on top of the existing work. Here's the breakdown:
Day 1: I taught about arteries, veins and capilaries as well as the travel to and from the heart. At this point, the heart was nothing but a blob of reddish hue.
Day 2: We began the discussion of how blood enters the heart (Inferior and Superior Vena Cava), exits to the lungs (pulmonary arteries, re-enters the heart from the lungs (pulmonary veins) and finally gets pumped back out to the body (Aorta).
Day 3: The atriums and ventricles and valves along with a recap.

Here's another chalking I did. Can you guess what I was going for?


If you said, "zits," I guess I should go back to the drawing board (literally), or you should go back to 5th grade. If you said, "aveoli," you are correct and I did my job well because I made this stuff.

No comments: